Oregon Coast Aquarium Featuring Odd Sea Creatures

Oregon Coast Aquarium's Must See Attraction: Chambered Nautilus

I took my nieces to Oregon Coast Aquarium and we had a great time at the Odd Water exhibit! One sea creature on display is the chambered nautilus. My nieces and even I had a great time discovering about this sea animal that looks like a giant shrimp but more colorful and definitely more dangerous. It seems pretty harmless inside its shell but as I told my nieces, they have powerful beaks that can break the toughest shells of other animals. My nieces were amazed and I told them that we can go back because I got some more coupons for the aquarium.

I was explaining my nieces that the chambered nautilus is good at camouflaging. Its colors blend in well with the colors of its surrounding. Their shells have dark striped colors that when you look at them from the top, you won’t notice them because their colors are very much like the colors of the seafloor. Other animals who are looking at them from the bottom won’t notice them too because the colors on the bottom of their shells blend well with the light colors of the surface water.

Get Oregon Aquarium Discount on your Visit!

When the chambered nautilus encounters danger from other preys, what it does is it hides into its very hard shell and closes the shell with some sort of a hood. When they are closed, they are as hard as rock and even the largest and strongest animal couldn’t open and get into the shell. They really know how to protect themselves. Hey, there are ferocious animals down there in our oceans!

Have you ever seen an animal creature that has hundreds of arms? The chambered nautilus that you can see at Oregon Coast Aquarium has a lot of arms. They use their hands hold their prey which is usually a shrimp and smaller sea creatures. Using all of their arms, they put the prey into their powerful beak. You should really see how they catch their prey and how they eat their prey. My nieces were amazed at how they feed on crabs!

The strong beak of the chambered nautilus can crack open the shell of the crab. That’s how powerful their beaks are. My nieces have seen with their own eyes the power of this animal’s mouth! You should really see Odd Water Exhibit. Don’t even leave the aquarium without seeing this exhibit. It will amaze all kids. If you’re visiting the aquarium with a lot of kids like I did visiting it with 4 of my nieces, then get these Oregon Aquarium discount now.

If you have questions, email me at alabamaaquariums@gmail.com.

About Oregon Aquarium Coupons Reviews

I am studying marine science in a reputable school. During weekends, I am a volunteer at Oregon Coast Aquarium. I want to work as a marine scientist and help conserve the habitat of sea animals.

Resources for Aquarium in Oregon

For those who are looking for an aquarium in Oregon to visit, check out these web sources:

Official web site of Oregon Coast Aquarium

COUPONS for Oregon aquarium